Herman Bernard Reining married Maria Anna Sophia Heitmann, daughter of Johann Gerhard Bernard Heitman and Gertrud Wrede, on Tuesday, 14 October 1873 at St. Ferdinand Parish, Ferdinand, Dubois County, Indiana.4,6 Herman died on 3 December 1909 at Lawrence, Nuckolls County, Nebraska, at the age of 61.1
Herman was buried circa 5 December 1909, Sacred Heart Cemetery, Lawrence, Nuckolls County, Nebraska.1
Children of Herman Bernard Reining and Maria Anna Sophia Heitmann
- Maria Anna Gertrude Reining+ b. 4 Dec 1874, d. 29 Sep 1964
- John Gerhard Bernard Reining+ b. 26 Nov 1876, d. 5 Oct 1959
- John Henry Reining+ b. 26 Aug 1879, d. 11 Aug 1933
- John Herman Reining+ b. 24 Dec 1882, d. 17 Mar 1948
- John Joseph Reining b. 18 Feb 1885, d. 25 Feb 1885
- Katharina Francisca Reining+ b. 9 Mar 1886, d. 1 Dec 1962
- Theresia Elizabetha Reining+ b. 7 Feb 1888, d. 22 Jul 1985
- Gerhard Herman Reining+ b. 26 Mar 1890, d. 13 Jan 1957
- Anna Reining+ b. 18 Sep 1892, d. 29 Sep 1940
- Frances Anna Reining+ b. 21 Dec 1894, d. 5 Jun 1966
- [S1149] Sacred Heart Cemetery, Lawrence, Nebraska. Tombstones.
- [S813] Personal Knowledge of Richard Reining.
- [S814] Personal knowledge of Jamie Reining.
- [S811] Centennial Book Committee of the Lawrence Chamber of Commerce, Lawrence Nebraska 1884-1984. Lawrence, Nebraska: Ostdiek Publishers Inc., 1984.
- [S819] Ferdinand Historical Society, Ferdinand, Indiana A Sesquicentennial History. Ferdinand, Indiana: Ferdinand Historical Society, 1990.
- [S826] St. Ferdinand Parish Records. Published by St. Ferdinand Catholic Church, Ferdinand, Indiana. Originals held by LDS Family History Library.
Gerhard Francis Bauer
Gerhard Francis Bauer married Helen Sophia Reining, daughter of John Gerhard Bernard Reining and Mary Kassmeyer, on Tuesday, 30 January 1923 Adrian, Nobles County, Minnesota. Gerhard died on 5 July 1976 at the age of 76.